This role is instrumental in support of the Vice President of Finance including the effective deployment of a comprehensive account reconciliation and balance sheet review process. This position also has direct leadership responsibility for ensuring financial accounting activities are in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and statutory requirements.
• Manages professional level accounting functions and the preparation of reports including earnings, profits/losses, cash balances, billings, receivables, payables, and cost accounting.
• Confirms accuracy of operating and financial reports.
• Advises upper management regarding matters, such as effective use of resources and methods
• Interprets accounts and records and process improvements to upper management.
• Includes management of staff which may consist of a mix of professional, paraprofessional, and/or clerical accounting personnel.
• Analyzes records of present and past operations, trends and costs, estimated and realized revenues, administrative commitments, and obligations incurred.
• Support 533 and incurred cost submissions.
• Develops, installs, and maintains budgeting systems and reporting that provide control of expenditures made to carry out activities.
• May recommend future financial plans and policies.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelors of Science in Accounting or Finance
• 10+ years of progressive accounting experience.
• Working knowledge of accounting systems and GAAP principles
• Ability to operate with strong attention to detail
• Proven experience in accounting leadership
• Demonstrated ability to partner with leadership teams to develop and execute strategy
U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
• Experience with Government contract accounting including an understanding of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS).
• Proficient user of Deltek Costpoint a plus
• MBA or CPA a plus