Middleburg Heights, OH
Candidate will support NASA Universal Stage Adapter (USA) project primarily as an analyst. The USA is utilized for NASA's Space Launch System (SLS).
• Perform high and low frequency acoustic analysis using Boundary Element Method (BEM), Finite Element Method (FEM), and Statistical Energy Analysis (SEA) to support the design of the acoustic mitigation on elements of a launch vehicle.
• Integrate low frequency acoustic resonator impedances into numerical models.
• Develop testing plans for technology development and verification of a flight design.
• US CITIZENSHIP OR VALID GREEN CARD REQUIRED
• 5+ years of experience required
• Bachelors in Electrical, Mechanical, or Acoustics Engineering
• Experience with acoustic testing; instrumentation, signal conditioning, verifying boundary & environmental conditions is required.
• Familiar with low frequency acoustic resonators, their impedances
• Masters in Electrical, Mechanical, or Acoustics Engineering
• Experience with flight hardware and acoustic attenuation on Expendable Launch Vehicles (ELV’s)
• Knowledge of VA One