Cable Design Engineer
This position is responsible for providing AutoCAD design, drafting, and support to internal and external customers. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, has excellent communication skills, and a strong orientation to serving our customers.
• Work closely with Electrical and Mechanical Engineers to develop cables, block diagrams, schematics, and wiring diagrams.
• Responsible to produce CAD drawings, using AutoCAD, that are of high quality being consistent, complete, and accurate.
• Review drawing documentation within the discipline for compliance with project requirements.
• Recommend alterations to development and design to improve quality of products and/or procedures.
• Help support design documentation for ongoing development activities.
U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
• Minimum Associate’s Degree in a technical field
• 3+ years of post-educational experience in cable design
• Strong understanding and application of IPC-WHMA-A-620 and the NASA-STD-8739 series
• Knowledge and proficiency with AutoCAD.
• Understanding of the selection of cable components, wiring diagrams and cable fabrication processes.
• Experience on developing Electrical schematics, Interconnects, Cable and Harness design.
• Familiarity of Product Data Management (PDM) or Produce Lifecycle Management (PLM) software.
• Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team-oriented environment with remote office team members.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field
• Previous experience in Aerospace or other regulated background.
• Knowledge of electronic design for aerospace applications, including connector selection, wire types/sizes/derating, voltage drops, electro-mechanical packaging, electrical fabrication & assembly techniques.