Mechanical Technician I
Description of Duties
• Perform hands on activities/tasks associated with assembly operations of precision mechanical and electro-mechanical hardware in an aerospace environment.
• Assemble, disassemble and repair simple to complex mechanical and electro-mechanical assemblies to detailed drawings and schematics including fluid and pneumatic systems.
• Maintain company safety and quality standards, perform general housekeeping and preventative maintenance on all laboratory and manufacturing equipment as required.
• Learn and perform precision cleaning (oxygen cleaning) methods for space rated combustion experiments
• Perform helium leak testing and hydrostatic proof testing of fluid parts and assemblies
• Measure and examine parts to ensure conformance to specification, using precision instruments such as micrometers, depth micrometers, calipers, gage pins, height gauges, etc. as required
• Ability to follow verbal instruction and direction from experience machinists, technicians, engineers and management.
• Preform shop housekeeping duties and preventative maintenance schedules as required.
• Perform duties outside the machine shop to assist other technicians and departments as required.
• Perform required tasks using safe working practices, be well organized and able to work under limited supervision.
• High school degree or equivalent, certification from a technical or trade school preferred.
• Basic computer skills.
• Possess excellent math and mechanical skills with an aptitude for creative problem solving and desire to do precision work.
• Demonstratable knowledge of mechanical schematics and complex assembly procedures
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints, mechanical assembly drawings and equipment manuals.