Project Manager - Future Need
Middleburg Heights, OH
ZIN Technologies is proactively recruiting for a Project Manager for a contract that is estimated to start in June of 2022.
This position will be responsible for leading a project team in the development of experimental and new technology hardware for space flight applications.
• Build a capable, cooperative, and supportive team for the development, manufacturing, testing, certification, and sustaining engineering of the International Space Station, Gateway, and Orion hardware.
• Build a capable, cooperative, and supportive team for the development, manufacturing, testing, certification, and sustaining engineering of major Government Furnished Equipment end items and of deep space Artemis and Gateway engineering projects
• Direct and hold accountable matrix organizations in the requirements development, design, manufacturing, testing, and certification of flight hardware.
• Mentor Project Engineers (PE) in critical thinking, decision making and behaviors to improve PM effectiveness and create high performing teams
• Plan and execute hardware troubleshooting to investigate mechanical within flight hardware, development or qualification test articles, or test support hardware.
• Review and evaluate the quantity, quality, and overall adequacy of results and conclusions drawn from accomplishment of engineering tasks.
• Apply Project Management processes and tools in the development, sustainment or operation of human rated flight hardware or systems.
• Select and apply engineering techniques and procedures to analyze and evaluate specific problems, data, or other features of the work which are broad in scope and complexity.
• Address project problems in a timely and straightforward manner
• Define, communicate, and mitigate project and project risks
• Establish a healthy project environment
• Foster strong, healthy customer relationships
• Coordinate and support flight hardware and software products and systems development phases, through design, procurement, fabrication, test, data analysis, certification, and flight/mission delivery.
• Perform cost and schedule estimating and management functions.
• Perform risk management including risk assessment and implementation of risk reducing measures
• BS degree in engineering from an accredited engineering school and five (5) years of related engineering experience
• Must be able to review essential paperwork and documents for tasks assigned.
• Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures in the field (including space flight hardware development and certification processes), such as mechanical system design, engineering drawings and sketches, material selection, environmental testing, and office software.
• Must be able to organize and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines and schedules and to work unsupervised for long periods.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills. The position requires close coordination with the NASA Project Managers and ISS/Orion program representatives
• MS degree from an accredited engineering school and four (4) years of related engineering experience, or Ph.D. from an accredited engineering school and zero (0) years of related experience.
• Background in flight hardware development, testing, and certification.
• Familiarity with the Engineering Life Cycle process.
• PMP a plus but not required
• Aerospace industry preferred