Senior Communications Systems Engineer
Satellite Communications Systems Engineer
Middleburg Heights, OH
THIS POSITION WILL REQUIRE RELOCATION TO THE GREATER CLEVELAND AREA WITHIN 6-12 MONTHS AFTER HIRE
A senior level systems engineer with experience in aerospace lifecycle desired to support NASA space communication systems management.
Communications Services Project (CSP) will focus on demonstrating the feasibility of commercially provided SATCOM services to NASA missions. As a primary objective, CSP aims to demonstrate commercially provided space-based relay communications and navigation (C&N) services appropriate for NASA’s near-Earth spacecraft users. The demonstrations will result in an evaluation of technical and operational performance, cost of services, business case, and security compliance to inform a recommendation for the acquisition for operational commercial SATCOM services.
• Provide technical and project management support while managing/leading a multicompany activity for ZIN:
o Develop the definition of an Enterprise Service Management (ESM), identifying the activities, processes, policies, and supporting tools needed to acquire and manage commercial SATCOM services for NASA missions
o Manage transition planning of NASA missions currently using TDRS (Tracking and Data Relay Satellite) and/or DTE to commercial SATCOM services being organized by CSP
o Finalize all details needed to support the procurement of an ESM, including recommendations for ‘make’ vs ‘buy’
o Manage the creation of all elements for ESM including:
NASA mission service planning
SATCOM service acquisition/procurement
Service delivery to missions including selection, integration, testing, monitoring, and support
Business systems including analytics, contracts, communications, training
Network and Security Management services
• U.S. CITIZENSHIP OR VALID GREEN CARD HOLDER REQUIRED
• 10-15 years in NASA/DoD/commercial aerospace industry including work in small interdisciplinary teams.
• Knowledge of small sat, terrestrial, etc. communications
• Related NASA based systems engineering experience
• Experience with one or more of the following:
o satellite communications architecture
o IT/cyber security
o product and service management/development
o NASA Tracking and Data Relay Satellite
o systems architecture engineering
• Additional required skills include change management, business management, problem-solving, innovation, interpersonal skills, customer service, continued learning and agility, communication, artificial intelligence and analytics, automation.
• A strong project lifecycle support/management experience
• Understanding of existing space communications networks and assets a plus.
• MS/PhD preferred