Software Engineer - Future Need
Software Engineer III
Middleburg Heights, OH
ZIN Technologies, Inc. is a federal contractor. Pursuant to Executive Order 14042, Federal contractors and subcontractors with a covered contract will be required to conform to the workplace safety protocols which include COVID-19 vaccination of covered contractor employees, except in limited circumstances where an employee is legally entitled to an accommodation (i.e. disability, sincerely held religious beliefs, etc.).
ZIN is seeking an experienced Software Engineer with embedded software skills to support the development of human-rated space vehicle avionics and subsystem software.
• Work with space programs and flight projects associated with the International Space Station (ISS), visiting vehicles providing logistics to ISS, the Orion crewed spacecraft, the Gateway lunar outpost, and lunar landers.
• Work will include:
o requirements definition
o test and verification
o certification of embedded software
• U.S. CITIZENSHIP OR VALID GREEN CARD HOLDER REQUIRED
• Proof of COVID-19 vaccination, except in limited circumstances where there is a legal entitlement to an accommodation (i.e. disability, sincerely held religious beliefs, etc.)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
• 5-10 years of embedded software design
• Strong C/C++ programming skills, Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD), and experience with Linux.
• Must have very strong technical skills in Real-time Operating Systems (e.g., VxWorks) and bus communication (e.g., 1553, RS-422, RS-232, USB, Ethernet).
• Must have significant experience in the entire software life cycle.
• Must be flexible, open to new challenges in a dynamic environment, and possess strong technical expertise combined with strong verbal and written communication skills