Staff Accountant II
Utilizes knowledge of the fundamental doctrines, theories, principles, and terminology of accountancy, and often entails some understanding of such related fields as business law, statistics, and general management. Readies and maintains financial and business transactions, applying accounting principles that include work that is analytical, evaluative, and advisory in nature and that requires an understanding of both accounting theory and practice.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Coordinates and analyzes governmental customer billing and accounts receivable management.
• Performs customer-related financial analysis and dispute resolution.
• Assist with general accounting functions, including billing, journal entries, account reconciliations, cash management, reporting, and audit support.
• Performs analysis functions on an ad-hoc basis.
• Generate and analyze period-end reports.
• Work with other departments to resolve questions and issues.
• Recommend improvements, adaptations, or revisions in the accounting system and controls/procedures.
• Other tasks as assigned.
U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
• Minimum 3 years of experience
• Strong knowledge of GAAP, financial statements, and relationships of Balance Sheet/P&L transactions
• Advanced Excel skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience with government contracts is preferred
• Experience Deltek Costpoint is preferred