El Segundo, CA
ZIN Technologies, Inc. is seeking a Systems Engineer to join our team at our customer’s location in El Segundo, CA. This position will provide systems engineering support in our El Segundo office to develop and maintain the enterprise and program technical requirements baseline, including program system specifications and interface requirements. This position supports Systems Engineering & Integration activities in a multidisciplinary and collaborative environment.
The MILSATCOM Systems Engineering, Integration, and Test (MSEIT) effort provides leading edge Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) for the Air Force’s Space and Missiles System Center. We support the Air Force’s acquisition of state-of-the-art Military Satellite Communications systems, providing global secure, survivable, and protected communications for our nation’s warfighters. We seek technical individuals who will thrive in a highly collaborative work environment of small teams, using the most modern tools and methodologies to tackle the challenges of integrating complex space and ground communications systems.
US Citizenship, a relevant Bachelor’s Degree and the ability to obtain a Government Security clearance are required for the position.
• Manage the enterprise and program technical requirements
• Ensure traceability of requirements to program system specifications and interface requirements
• Interface with stakeholders and external customers to coordinate requirements changes
• Design and develop Engineering models of satellite communications systems with algorithms and process flows
• Coordinate and perform Engineering analysis using satellite communications engineering tools and analysis utilities
• 4+ years of work or internship experience in a collaborative team environment developing technical baseline or using engineering applications and simulation models
• Experience with space or aeronautical systems engineering & integration programs and projects
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Requires US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a Secret Clearance is required to be considered for this position
• Experience with communication satellite/terminal performance analyses, link budgets and interfaces
• Experience with military satellite communication
• Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering
• Academic emphasis in communications systems